This salad is SOOO refreshing and delicious! It reminds me of eating at my grandma’s house in New Mexico. You will LOVE it! It’s incredibly easy to make (and you can use lite versions of the dressing and sauce too!)
- 2 hearts of Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 rotissere chicken, skinned and cubed
- 1 cucumber cut in quarters
- 1 basket of baby tomatoes cut in half
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
- 1 bottle of Kraft Original BBQ sauce ( use 1+ TBSP for the dressing)
- Toss the chopped romaine in a large bowl. Add the chicken cubes.(Set aside some of the chicken to put on top of the lettuce/chicken combination.
- Position the lettuce/ chicken in the middle of the serving plate.
- On of the four corners of the plate put the corn, black beans, cut baby tomatoes, and quartered cucumber.
- Add the remaining chicken on the top of the lettuce, Top with the chopped green onions.
- Pour the bottle of ranch dressing into a bowl. Begin by adding 1 TBSP of the BBQ sauce and stir until well blended. Taste to ensure flavor. If necessary add more BBQ sauce to the dressing and stir well.
- Position the sliced avocado o top of the salad.
- Pour the salad dressing on top of the entire salad.
- Drizzle with the remaining BBQ sauce