I always love having something ready for me after being out all day. This Spanish Soup is ot only super healthy but also easy to make in your Crock Pot or Instant Pot (set on slow cooker). I love that I can make a whole pot of it and my family LOVES it. Even better is that it’s just 3 Weight Watchers Freestyle Points per serving!
- 1 pound Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 tbsp. garlic minced
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 15 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. cayene pepper
- 1 tbsp. Tajin seasoning
- 1 Avocado
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 cup colby jack cheese
- Pre-set your crockpot on high. Shred your rotisserie chicken off the bone, remove the skin.
- Add your shredded chicken and the chicken broth to your crock pot.
- Open your can of black beans and the drain excess juice.
- Add your black beans to the crock pot.
- Open and add your can of fire roasted tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Prepare your onions and jalapeños by dicing them.
- Add the onions, jalapeños peppers, and minced garlic to the crock pot.
- Lastly add your seasonings.
- Stir to combine.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Make sure to stir 3-4 times during the cooking time.
- Top with fresh cilantro, cheese, and avocado if desired. Enjoy!!
- You can make this dish ONE POINT by omitting the cheese and avocado toppings, but it's SO good with them!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 2288mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 10gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g