“Watermelon” Waffles – Chocolate Chip Waffles From Scratch
These waffles are so easy to make look just like watermelon!
I love summer – and nothing says “summer” to me more than watermelon! These “Watermelon” waffles will be perfect for a summer breakfast – or add a scoop of ice cream for a delicious treat!
Makes 4 full waffles
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ¾ C. Milk
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 Tbs. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ½ Oil
- 2 C. Flour
- 1 Handful Chocolate Chips
- Red and Green Food Dye
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Add in the sugar, baking powder, salt, and oil- mix until well combined and there are no lumps.
- Whisk in the flour just until combined, do not overmix!
- Take 1 ½ cups of the waffle batter and place into a separate bowl.
- Add several drops of green food coloring to the small bowl of batter.
- In the large bowl, add in several drops of red food coloring, and a handful of chocolate chips.
- Grease a hot waffle iron (if yours requires it), and add a large scoop of the red waffle mix to the center.
- Use a small spoon to ladle a thin layer of green batter around the edge.
- Sprinkle in a few more chocolate chips if desired, and cook to your preference.
- Serve warm with syrup, whipped cream, or just by themselves. Enjoy!