You know when you go to your favorite Mexican restaurant and they give you the chips & salsa that you just can’t seem to get enough of? Yeah, this salsa is just like that…
- 7 cups red tomatoes, chopped – cherry tomatoes are AWESOME for their sweetness but you can use any kind!
- 2 large onions,
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 jalapeno peppers, chopped (seeds can be left in for more heat)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons fresh, chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1-2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- In a slow cooker add onions, peppers, tomatoes, apple cider vinegar, and coriander.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 3-4.
- Right before salsa is done cooking, add in the cilantro, and basil.
- Allow to slightly cool.
- Spoon the salsa in to a blender or food processor. Pulse until it is the desired thickness.
- Add in salt to taste.
- This salsa can be frozen or canned for future use.
- Use BallFreshTech Canner - it is so worth the splurge if you do a lot of canning.
- If you are using a water bath method in a large pot bring water to a boil.
- Sanitize your canning jars by submerging them for about 5 minutes.
- Use your canning tongs to remove the jars.
- Spoon salsa into canning jars leaving about ½ inch of space at the top.
- Wipe the rim and place the lids and rings onto the can.
- Using the canning tongs place the jars back into the water bath for about 45 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the jars to cool ensuring a secure seal.
- This will keep for about 1 year