One of my favorite things in the world is waking up on a lazy Sunday and making blueberry muffins. The smell wafts throughout the house as they bake, and I can’t wait to get them out of the oven to butter them while they are piping hot. It reminds me of when I was little… My grandma used to make the BEST blueberry muffins. This recipe is darned close!
There’s something about the smell of freshly baked blueberry muffins that makes me feel happy and warm inside. It’s hard to be in a bad mood when I see those berries popping through the muffin tin. Hope you love this made-from-scratch recipe as much as I do! Feel free to share it with your friends and family and start that blueberry muffin making family tradition!
Quick and Easy One Bowl Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12 regular size muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 cup frozen blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt,
- Use a measuring cup that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk). Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick). Add blueberries and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full.
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.