Are you ready for football season?
I know here in my home football is a big deal. Sundays are spent glued to the screen, cheering on our favorite teams. So why not make something fun for watching the game?
Nutter Butter Football Cookies
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- 12 oz chocolate candy melts
- Wax paper
Royal icing ingredients
- 2 egg whites
- 1 C powder sugar
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Tape down the sides and ends of the wax paper to the cookie sheet.
- Using a double boiler melt the chocolate melts, stir often until all of the chocolate is melted.
- With a fork dip each cookie into the melted chocolate.
- If necessary use a spoon to spread the chocolate over the entire cookie both front and back.
- Place the dipped chocolate cookies on the lined cookie sheet.
- Allow them to dry completely about 20+ minutes.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl mixing on medium speed for 4 minutes.
- If icing isn’t stiff enough, you’ll want to add 1/4 cup powder sugar until stiff.
- Spoon the icing into piping bags using a #2 tip OR a plastic baggie with a corner snipped (make the hole small!).
Add the stitching on the footballs:
- Following the examples in the picture above use the icing to make lines on each end of the cookies.
- Draw the lines in a curved shape not just a straight line.
- In the center of the cookie make a draw a short line and then cross this line with three small lines.
- Allow to dry completely.