I am always looking for some fun Halloween foods to server over the day. I LOVE this Monster Munch so much that I often use it for goodies bags – put some in a cellophane or Ziploc bag and the kids LOVE it! Try it at your next Halloween party or give it to the kids as a special spooky treat!
- 1 C sugar
- 1/3 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 1/2 C Karo syrup
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 12 C popped popcorn without butter or salt
- Packages of unsweetened Kool-Aid, (1 package per flavor) Grape, Red, Orange, Green Apple, and Ice Blue Raspberry Lemonade
- 1 package of spooky eyes
- 1 bag of Whoppers
- 1 bag of Mellowcream pumpkin candy
- 1 bag of Wilton candy wafers
- Orange and white M&M’s
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Put popped popcorn in a large roasting pan. ( 1 pan per Kool-Aid flavor).
- Now we add butter, Karo syrup, and sugar in a large pot cooking on medium heat until bubbly.
- Continue to cook it for another five minutes.
- Take the pot off of the stove and carefully add the baking soda as well as the package of Kool-Aid.
- The baking soda, when added to the other ingredients with the Kool-Aid will make the ingredients foam.
- Pour the hot mixture onto the popcorn and using a large spoon coated with cooking spray stirring until all of the popcorn is well coated.
- Put the roasting pan filled with flavored coated popcorn in the oven baking at 200 degrees for 1 hour.
- Be sure to stir the popcorn every 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Add all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Enjoy!