Recipe – Marvel’s Black Panther Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies
It feels like Marvel has pretty much taken over in my house. Every year we look forward to the latest installment to the story and try to decipher how it all intertwines. The newest feature film is Black Panther that comes bursting into theaters February 16, 2018. To celebrate all things Black Panther I have these amazingly easy Chocolate Dipped Oreo Cookies with the main character’s likeness piped on with royal icing!
Black Panther Dipped Oreo Cookies
Makes 18 Oreo Cookies
- 1 package of double stuffed Oreo cookies
- 2 Bags of milk chocolate Ghiradelli melting wafers
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 2 C powder sugar
You will also need:
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 2 tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- double boiler
- fork or dipping tool
- Using a double boiler, melt the milk chocolate melting wafers. I absolutely LOVE T-FAL products and this double boiler is excellent!
- Using a fork, dip in the Oreo cookies until fully coated. You can also try this dipping tool from Wilton.
- Place Oreo cookies onto a cookie sheet and let dry for an hour.
While Oreo cookies are drying, using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes.
- Scoop the icing into a piping bag.
- Once the chocolate covered oreo is harden, using the icing, pipe on the detail of the Black Panther face onto all of the Oreo Cookies.
- Let icing harden for 30 minutes.
Use this template as a guide for creating your Black Panther:
Pin this to your favorite boards!
Don’t forget to see Black Panther in theaters February 16 2018!
*affiliate links are in this post!