When I was growing up my dad would take me grocery store shopping with him. It was always a fun and special treat to have one-on-one time, even if it was something mundane. He would always get me a candy bar or toy and that made it extra special to me. One of those candy bars was Butterfinger! Here’s an amazing recipe for homemade Butterfinger Cupcakes to remind us all of our childhoods!
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 C flour
- 1 C cocoa
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 C buttermilk
- 1 C water
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter
- 3 C powder sugar
- 1/2 C Cocoa powder
- 1/4 C chopped butterfinger
- 5 TBS heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and fill cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream until mixed.
- Add eggs, beating one at a time.
- Add in the vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, combine the milk and water.
- Add in the dry ingredients, alternating between the wet and dry, beating well after each addition.
- Fill paper 2/3 of the way and bake for 21 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Add in all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix until combined and stiff peaks form.
- If powder sugar pebbles form, add in 1-2 more tbsp heavy cream.
- If thin add in 1/2 C powder sugar.
- Mix until stiff and doesn’t fall off a spoon.
- Frost cupcake with the chocolate frosting and then top with the crushed butterfingers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 313mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 1gSugar: 52gProtein: 4g