Lobster & Shrimp Mac & Cheese
A perfect summer dish!
Want a meal that is not only easy to make but delish? Try this yummy Lobster & Shrimp Mac & Cheese and your family will be begging for more!
Lobster & Shrimp Macaroni & Cheese
- 8 oz elbow pasta
- 4 slices thick bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
- 2 cup cooked lobster meat
- 2 cups medium sized peeled, deveined, and tail off shrimp
- 1½ c shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 c shredded Colby / jack cheese mix
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Add a dash of salt to 1 quart water in a large pasta pot
- Bring water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain and set the pasta to the side.
- Chop your green onions.
- Set to the side.
- While you are cooking your pasta cook your bacon to a crisp so you can crumble.
- Use the same skillet that you cooked your bacon in add your butter.
- Melt butter on medium heat and then add your green onions and cook 2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbsp flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add your half and half and whisk to prevent clumps.
- Add Cajun seasoning and mix to combine.
- Add your lobster meat and shrimp and stir often for 5 minutes.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Fold pasta and half of the bacon into cheese sauce.
- Top the pasta mix with remaining bacon and bread crumbs.
- Turn your oven to broil.
- Place your pasta mix into the oven and toast for 5 minutes.
- Remove garnish with green onions
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.