I absolutely LOVE rice bowls. They are so flavorful and super healthy as an added bonus. Plus with an Instant Pot they are super easy to make!
When I was a teenager I used to frequent this really good Thai spot near my high school. They had the best rice bowls… My best friend Michelle and I used to head over there during our lunch break (which at that time was open campus) and sit and talk about life… We’d make plans for the weekend, chat about our favorite shows, and enjoy life over some Thai chicken and rice.
This recipe reminds me so much of those good times. Times when things were simpler. Before social media, before assuming a text meant something, before there was even such a thing as text messages…
Then it was just some chicken and rice with good conversation and laughter. I’m bringing those moments to the present with my Instant Pot Thai Chicken Rice Bowls.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 chicken breasts cut in half to be thin
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sweet chili Thai sauce
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- cilantro, garnish
- carrots , shredded garnish
- peanuts, garnish
- Select the saute setting on your instant pot and add the olive oil.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes.
- Place to the side.
- In a bowl add the sweet chili Thai sauce, soy sauce, fish sauce, ginger, garlic, lime juice, Sriracha, and stir to combine.
- Place the rice in your Instant Pot and add the chicken on top of the rice.
- Pour sauce over the top.
- Add the broth into the pot and secure the lid.
- Select the manual pressure setting on HIGH and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once it is cooked allow it to natural release.
- Remove the chicken and shred it with two forks.
- Place the chicken back in the pot and stir to combine with the rice.
- Garnish with cilantro, shredded carrots, and peanuts.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 1132mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 29g