Because I love my Instant Pot so much, I am always looking for some great recipes that go beyond the usual chicken or boiled eggs. This easy Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake is no exception.
The flavor of pineapples, cherries, and buttery cake topped with vanilla ice cream is so refreshing and delicious. It’s light, super tropical, and you can make it any time of the year – not just for summer months. I like making this on cold winter evenings and serving warm, it just brings me back to laying on the beach and relaxing on a tropical shore… Try it for yourself and see what I mean!
- 1 box butter yellow cake mix
- 1/2 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 can crushed pineapple
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 cup toasted coconut
- Vanilla Ice cream
- Maraschino cherries
- In a large bowl combine your cherry pie filling, pineapples and stir to combine
- Add melted butter it to your fruit bowl along with your butter cake mix.
- Stir until combined.
- Pour your cake mixture into your baking dish and cover with foil.
- Pour 2 cups of water into your Instant Pot and lower your cake mix filled dish on to a trivet.
- Put lid on, close steam valve.
- Set your Instant Pot to: manual, high pressure, for 25 minutes.
- Do a natural release.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes so it can firm up.
- Serve topped with ice cream, toasted coconut, and cherries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g