Watch the video to see how to make it:
I LOVE this nightlight! It’s whimsical, beautiful, and very easy to make!
When I was a little girl I loved the idea of fairies and whimsical creatures hiding in the wooded area behind my house. I always wished that I could capture them and play, but the closest I got was the time I caught fireflies in a jar. This DIY Fairy nightlight reminds me of being a little girl in those fields so long ago.
Now that I am a mother I love letting my own children relish in those fantasies of dancing with fairies. My daughter in particular has a wild imagination and mischievous qualities that remind me of when I was that age. She often pretends she is a fairy herself.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 screw top jar (like a mason jar) – this can be plastic if desired. I got mine at Dollar Tree
- spray craft adhesive
- 1 ounce glitter in any color (I used silver)
- battery-operated LED string lights (like these)
- spray paint for the jar top (if desired)
- You can also use hot glue or epoxy to glue the battery pack to the inside of the lid.
I also love the idea of using some for party or wedding decor. You can tie some twine to the rims and hang them in trees, add them to tablescapes, put them anywhere you want a little bit of whimsy. In the film Mama Mia the set dressers did just that and it was so beautiful!