In honor of Star Wars: The Last Jedi AND Christmas I have the best of both – Gingerbread Man Chewbacca! These are as cute as they are delicious and I have a “from scratch” recipe that you will just LOVE! If you are heading to a Holiday party be SURE to make these delicious cookies to bring along and they will be the talk of everyone!
Homemade Chewbacca Gingerebread Man Cookies - Star Wars
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Additional Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 29 minutes
- ps all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temp
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg at room temp
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- gingerbread man cookie cutter
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 C powder sugar
- Brown and black food coloring
- 2 disposable piping bags, fitted with a number 2 tip
To make the dough
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
- In a bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, and egg on medium speed until well combined.
- Add your molasses and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients until blended.
- Gather dough with your hands into a ball.
- Divide dough in half.
- Wrap each half in plastic.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 4 days.
- Let dough come to room temperature before using.
To roll and bake
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle cutting board with flour and roll your dough out to 1/4 inch thick
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutter.
- Remove excess dough from around the cookies and transfer to cookie sheet
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 7-9 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet until they are completely cool.
Icing & Decoration
- Using a standing mixer, combine egg whites, cream of tarter, and powder sugar and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form about 7 minutes
- Split the icing into 2 bowls,
- Add a few drops of brown into one bowl and mix until combined. Add in a few more drops and mix until you get to the shade that you like
- Using only a few drops of black, mix until you get a light grey shade.
- Scoop icing into their own bags.
- Using the brown icing, pipe a belt from the top of his left shoulder down to the bottom of his right shoulder.
- Fill it in and let sit for a few minutes
- Using the grey icing, pipe squares on the belt
- Using the brown icing, pipe a line down the center
- Using the grey icing, pipe small dots in the space between the squares
- Let dry for an hour before enjoying.
Serving Size:2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 637Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 325mgCarbohydrates: 136gFiber: 1gSugar: 122gProtein: 4g