I LOVE these adorable Love Bugs! They are a perfect after-school snack or appetizer for Valentine’s Day – and super easy to make! I love that they are a great balance to the sweet food that is everywhere on Valentine’s Day! Here’s how to make them – scroll down for a printable version too! Be sure to PIN THIS to your favorite board!
Mini Cheese Ball Love Bugs
- Flavored cream cheese (you can also use your favorite cheese ball recipe)
- Shredded cheese (any white cheese will work)
- Butterfly shaped crackers
- Chow mein noodles or pretzel sticks
- Black olives
- Add shredded cheese to a small bowl and scoop out about a tablespoon of cream cheese. Roll cream cheese into cheese to make mini cheese balls.
- Take your mini cheese balls and set them on top of your butterfly crackers so that your little bug has feet.
- Cut small hearts out of the pepperoni and attach the hearts to one end of the chow mein noodles using cream cheese as glue. Press them into the top of your cheese ball.
- Using a small pastry tip make the eyes. I sliced the olives in half and pressed the pastry tip into the olive and it made perfect round eyes.
- Enjoy! ☺
We had such a great time making these little guys and I hope your kids enjoy them as well!