This is a recipe that you are going to die for. First, it’s very easy to put together. Cook the instant rice, mix it with the two cream soups, add some shredded chicken and enjoy it with the whole family. It’s a perfect recipe for leftover chicken after some holiday or Sunday lunch.
It’s ideal for meal planning, and the kids will enjoy every bite. Also, this is a great way to add veggies to the meal so your kids can enjoy them with other flavours. The cheese, the broccoli, the rice, the chicken and all the flavours together are just perfect.
Why you’ll love the recipe:
It’s a perfect combination of flavours. Chicken and rice have always been the ideal food pairing.
How to serve it:
Serve this fantastic dish with your favourite salad on the side.
- Shredded chicken
- Instant Rice
- Chicken broth
- Cream of onion soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Butter unsalted
- Gouda cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Panko bread crumbs
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can prepare it and get it ready for baking. Bake just right before your guests arrive. This can be prepared 2 days in advance. Just bake it before serving.
Store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Variations and substitutes
You can use carrots, cauliflower or even baby spinach for the veggie options.
Broccoli rice and chicken casserole
- 1 lb. Shredded chicken
- 2 C. Instant Rice
- 2 C. Chicken broth
- 1 Can Cream of onion soup
- 1 Can Cream of chicken soup
- ¼ C. Butter unsalted
- 8 oz. grated gouda cheese
- ½ C. Heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C. Milk
- 1 Bag frozen broccoli
- Panko bread crumbs optional
- First, preheat your oven to 350 F or 180 C degrees.
- Cook the broccoli in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and drain.
- Place 2 cups of chicken broth in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the rice to the boiling broth and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the butter and cheese into the rice and mix until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken and broccoli and stir in the cheesy rice mixture to the mixing bowl.
- Place the cream of onion and cream of chicken soup, milk, and heavy cream into the bowl and stir until combined.
- If desired, transfer the whole mixture into a well-greased 9x13-inch baking dish and top with breadcrumbs. Bake for about 35-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy.