It is officially Girl Scout season! There is nothing like a rich chocolate cupcake topped with a Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookie. Don’t they look delicious? The flavors of chocolate and mint together will satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s time to break out that stash in freezer and whip up some delicious Thin Mint Cupcakes.
Thin Mint Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
Chocolate Gonache Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, brown sugar, vanilla extra and oil together.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients. Flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Pour in half of these dry ingredients into the oil mixture and stir.
- Add milk and gently stir again, adding the rest of the dry ingredients. Be careful not to over mix.
- Fill cupcake liners half full and bake for 15-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to fully cool.
- Start making the gonache by adding chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small bowl and microwave for 40 seconds. Remove and stir and continue to microwave until smooth.
- Dip cooled cupcakes into the gonache and turn right side up to allow gonache to set.
- Using your vanilla frosting or favorite homemade frosting recipe, adding small amounts of green food coloring until you have reached your desired color.
- Pipe frosting onto your cupcakes and top with Thin Mints! I also crushed up a few and scattered them over the top for more yummy deliciousness!
- Enjoy! ☺
Note: This recipe makes about 12-14 cupcakes. If you need to make more cupcakes you can double the recipe.