* Brought to you by the board at National Fresh Fruits and Vegetables Month
Nutty Tuna Salad Pita
Pack a new twist on a sandwich – a DIY nutty Pita!
- 1 (6.4 oz.) Pouch or 2 (5 oz.) Cans drained StarKist Albacore White Tuna in Water
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup seedless grapes, halved (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 tsp. dry dill weed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 pitas, halved
- Curly-leaf lettuce leaves
- Combine tuna, celery, raisins and walnuts in medium bowl.
- Blend yogurt and dill weed; toss with tuna mixture.
- Line each pita with lettuce; fill with 1⁄4 of the tuna salad.
Serving Size: 1 Sandwich; Cals: 270; Fat: 5g; Carbs: 36g; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 23g; 7 WW+
Saturday 5th of August 2017
I love tuna will give this a try looking good
Wednesday 2nd of December 2015
Hi! I'm just getting started doing WW on my own, and I love the sound of this recipe! I'm just a little unsure about something. Is 1 sandwich a 1/2 piece of the 2 pitas you cut in 1/2, or is it the 2 pitas? Or rather, is this recipe 1 serving or 4? Thank you! I'm excited to continue perusing your site!
Wednesday 9th of December 2015
hey! The one pita would be split so you can stuff it :) Just double check the WW points value on the brand you'd use if it's not this one! Good luck!