Recipe: Chocolate Heart Rice Krispie Treat
by : Carol
I love making Valentine’s Day treats with my kids – these Chocolate Dipped Rice Treat Hearts are a perfect way to celebrate! It’s a delicious chocolatey take on an old favorite – here’s how to do it!
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 10 cups miniature marshmallows, divided
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Ghiradellhi chocolate melting wafers
- Red Chocolate melting wafers
- Line a 9×13-inch cookie pan with parchment paper, then coat with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter and miniature marshmallows over low heat until the marshmallows are just melted.
- Add in the salt and vanilla stir to combine.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the Rice Krispies and mix until it is completely and evenly coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Turn the mixture out into the prepared pan and, using a wooden spoon or spatula that has been coated in non-stick cooking spray, press the mixture firmly into a packed, even layer.
- Allow to set at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
- Now use a heart cookie cutter and press it into the bars then remove slowly. Set to the side.
Begin to melt your chocolate!
- Using a double boiler fill your bottom 1/2 way with water bring to a boil on high heat.
- Place your second half onto and add your chocolate. Stir to melt.
- Once melted reduce your heat to low.
- Take your rice bar and dip half of it in the chocolate.
- Place the rice bar on a pan with parchment paper. Let it cool.
- Repeat process with each heart Once cool begin to melt your red melting chocolate same way as chocolate above.
- Take a large spoon and drizzle the red onto of your rice bars.
- Let cool before serving.