If you are anything like me, you probably love cake pops, but might think they are too childish for a grown-up event – like a wedding, bridal shower, or awards party! With the Golden Globes, Oscars and other fun times on the horizon, I have the perfect dessert!
- 2 ¾ C Flour
- 1 ½ C White Sugar
- 3t Baking Powder
- 1t Salt
- ⅔ C Butter
- 6 Egg Whites
- 1t Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ C Champagne
- 1 ½ C Powdered Sugar
- 3-4T Milk
- Sugar or Sprinkles for decoration.
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- ¼ C Champagne
- Food Coloring, optional
- 1 C Dark Chocolate
- 2T Coconut Oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together, and then blend into creamed mixture alternately with champagne.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold 1/3 of the whites into batter, then fold in remaining egg whites.
- Pour into a pan and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cake cool completely, then crumble into a large bowl with your hands.
- Mix the powdered sugar and milk to make a frosting, and add it to the cake crumbles.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands. Mixture should stick together, but still be slightly crumbly.
- Using a cookie scoop or rounded tablespoon, make rounded balls out of the mixture, place on a stick, and set aside.
- Once all cake pops are made, melt together your chocolate and coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Dip the cake pops in, and let all excess drip off before setting aside.
- I recommend placing them cake pop up in a cup, or putting the stick side into styrofoam so they do not fall or touch each other.
- Once all cake pops are coated in chocolate, mix together the powdered sugar, champagne, and food coloring.
- Coat the cake pops, and let all excess drip off.
- Immediately, thickly coat the cake pops in colored sugar or sprinkles and set aside to dry.
Don’t forget to PIN this recipe!