These are scrumptious! What better way to wake up on a cold and drizzly morning to a plate of these Apple Cider Donuts and some hot coffee.
Apple Cider Donuts
You will need a mini donut pan
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ c apple cider
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ C sugar
- 1 egg, room temp
Making the donuts:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a double boiler, melt the butter.
- Remove from heat and stir in the apple cider. Set this aside.
- Add all of your flour, baking powder, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl, mix well.
- Transfer the butter mixture to a bowl, whisk in sugar and the egg, lightly beaten.
- When completely mixed together slowly begin to add this mixture (the wet mixture) to the flour bowl.
- Don’t over stir, just ensure that all of your ingredients are well blended.
- Spray the mini donut pan with baking spray.
- Spoon in the batter until each is filled ½ way.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5-6 minutes and springs back with a slight touch.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, stirring to mix, then pour into a clean salt shaker.
- While the donuts are still warm shake the sugar/cinnamon on each donut.
- Once slightly cooled remove from the donut pan placing on a wire rack to cool completely.