Inside Out-Inspired Recipe: Comfort Food Mac & Cheese #InsideOutEvent
INGREDIENTS (serves 4–6)
• 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
• 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
• 2-1/2 cups whole milk
• 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
• 8-ounces shredded Italian four-cheese blend
• 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
• 1-lb. elbow macaroni, cooked & kept warm
1. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stirring until combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until golden (do not let brown).
2. Add milk to butter mixture, whisking until completely smooth.
3. Simmer mixture, stirring frequently, until sauce coats the back of a spoon, 5-8 minutes.
4. Add cheese to saucepan in batches, stirring until completely melted. Add salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
5. Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl. Add cheese sauce, stirring to combine. Serve immediately.
Be sure to watch All Mommy Wants for EXCLUSIVE coverage of Inside Out, including a first-hand look on the red carpet! June 7-9 2015