Don’t forget to PIN THIS POST to share on Pinterest!
One of my favorite cookies is a coconut macaroon. I love the light crunch of the coconut that toasts on the outside while keeping soft on the inside. And I love coconut, I could eat it all day! These Cherry Bomb Macaroons are perfection for Memorial Day or 4th of July – OR you can use any color chocolate to make them your own fun style! They are incredibly easy to make too!
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 6 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup Wilton Royal blue chocolate melts
- 1 jar maraschino cherries – drained and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour and coconut. Stir until well mixed.
- Add both extracts and stir again until well blended.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and with a rubber spatula, mix well to incorporate.
- Drop 2 inch rounded, heaping spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet, spacing the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Spray the bottom of a drinking glass with non stick spray and use it to flatten the cookies ever so slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden in color and the coconut is lightly toasted.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the blue chocolate candies by stirring until completely melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a shallow dish and dip the bottom of each cookie into the mixture. Place on the cookie sheet to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Using your index finger, gently press down into the center of each cookie. Dab a small amount of melted chocolate onto the bottom of each cherry and place into the hallowed center.