Few things in life are as good as chocolate. Although chicken soup is something you might turn to if you’re feeling under the weather, chocolate can work its own magic! The following pecan chocolate dessert is creamy and light. It’s made with pecans, two flavors of instant pudding, whipped cream, powdered sugar, and more. It’s light and fluffy without being too sinful or indulgent.
This dessert is suitable if you’re looking for something different to enjoy after dinner. The kids will love it just as much as the grownups. It’s tweak-able too, and you can use different pudding mix flavors if you want, as long as they are the instant kind. There are 3 layers in this chocoholic dessert. First you have a tasty crust and then you have a chocolate layer in the middle. Finishing this recipe to perfection is a sweet and creamy topping. All in all, every bite will be a delight.
This dessert is amazing from the crunchy, creamy nut topping, through the chocolate layer down to the tasty, crunchy crust. It’s great for a picnic or potluck.
Why You’ll Love the Recipe:
This delicious dessert is rich and chocolatey. It makes a great dessert after any kind of main course and, as you can make it ahead, it’s also ideal for a potluck or any kind of gathering.
How to Serve It:
Serve the dessert chilled and in slices or squares.
- All-purpose flour
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Brown sugar
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Cool Whip
How to make Chocolate Pecan Delight:
Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Mix the finely chopped pecans with the butter, flour, and brown sugar using your hands, until crumbly.
Press the mixture into the greased baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
Let it cool completely.
Meanwhile, whisk the milk with the pudding mixes.
Stir in the powdered sugar, cream cheese and a cup of the Cool Whip until fully combined.
Spoon this mixture over the crust and top with the rest of the Cool Whip.
Sprinkle on the rest of the pecans, then chill until serving.
Now ready to serve, enjoy!
Chocolate Pecan Delight
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3 cups milk
- Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the finely chopped pecans with the butter, flour and brown sugar using your hands, until crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the greased baking dish and cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool completely.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk with the pudding mixes.
- Stir in the powdered sugar, cream cheese and a cup of the Cool Whip until fully combined.
- Spoon this mixture over the crust and top with the rest of the Cool Whip.
- Sprinkle on the rest of the pecans, then chill until serving.
Can You Make It Ahead?
Yes, you can make it a day or so in advance.
Leftovers should be kept covered and refrigerated. Eat within 3 days.
Variations and Substitutions:
You can use different instant pudding flavors. You will need the 3 to 4-ounce boxes for this recipe. The exact weight depends on the flavor. Also, sub walnuts for the pecans if you prefer those. Pistachios would work too (and then you might want to use pistachio instant pudding in place of the chocolate one).