SO I did something really stupid. I googled “abdominal myomectomy”. I now know what the surgery will look like (vividly), what I will probably need to do pre-op, and all of the little post-op deals I have to look forward to.
Let me tell you, it ain’t pretty:
- I have never had an IV. I have never been put under nor have I been jabbed with a knife or laser or whatever they are going to use.
- My assistant at work and I were supposed to go to a dinner function on March 10 and my surgery is March 11th. She said “oh, goodie, you can still go to the dinner!” I didn’t want to tell her I couldn’t because I would have to do such things as not eat and, ahem, clear my bowels with medicinal assistance. There’s no way in hell I’m gonna go to a banquet with a bunch of strangers and have to deal with that. Plus I want to be with my husband.
- I figured out that 31mm (the size of my fibroid) as roughly the size of a 15 week old fetus. Holy SHIT! That’s why I haven’t been able to fit into my Michael Kors trousers in the last couple of months…
- I have to have a catheter. A catheter? umm, no thanks.
- Showering will be a challenge afterward. And my usual hour long super hot baths will be non-existent until my incision is healed. Cool.
- So many other things I get to deal with: insane cramps, immobility, anesthesia, worrying my husband and my family, etc etc. I haven’t even scratched the surface.
I have to look at the greater good here though.
- After the swelling goes down my tummy will be flatter. So hello Michael Kors and pencil skirts, goodbye Spanx**!
- My family members offering to come out to take care of me. I miss them so much…
** Who am I kidding? I will never give you up my dear spanx!