September 6th is National Coffee Ice Cream Day! Celebrate with this easy recipe, courtesy of NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto!
Café Au Lait Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Café Au Lait capsule, brewed according to package directions (6.1 fl. oz.)
- 1/3 cup NESTLÉ Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels, chopped (optional)
- HEAT milk and heavy cream in medium saucepan over medium heat just until hot (do not boil). Remove from heat.
- BEAT egg yolks, sugar and salt in large mixer bowl until well combined. Very slowly beat in the milk mixture until combined.
- POUR mixture back into saucepan; heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture reaches 160° F. This should take about 12 minutes. Do not boil. Stir in coffee. Place mixture in refrigerator for 1 hour or until cool.
- POUR mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s directions. During the last few minutes of churning, add the chopped morsels.
- SERVE immediately for a soft-serve texture or transfer to a covered container and freeze for a firmer texture.