The 2012 Kia Sorento ranks 8 out of 22 Affordable Midsize SUVs. This ranking is based on our analysis of 33 published reviews and test drives of the Kia Sorento, and our analysis of reliability and safety data. The 2012 Kia Sorento continues to shine, offering car-like handling, capable engine options and an impressive level of standard equipment.
Ok, so I need a new car. My poor Land Rover has seen better days, plus it’s pretty outdated. No bells and whistles. Heck, the stereo isn’t even great! So I JUMPED at the chance to review the 2012 KIA Sorento SX!
Check out my video review!
WOW. I think this is the car that every busy parent needs. It’s not a minivan so you don’t lose your “cred” and become the typical soccer mom, BUT it has all of the features and room you need for your family:
- Dual-zone fully-automatic climate control
- Roof antenna
- Audio system with AM/FM radio, CD player (reads MP3 format) ; includes RDS , digital radio and satellite radio
- Cargo capacity: 72.5 cu. ft. w/rear seat down and 9.1 cu. ft. all seats in place
- Outside air temperature indicator
- Intelligent driver front airbag, intelligent passenger front airbag with occupant sensors
- Front driver seat : heated, ventilated, bucket with five 10-way power ; details: memorized height, power lumbar and memorized tilt, front passenger seat: : heated, bucket with two power adjustments
- Garage door opener
- Interior dimensions: 39.2 in. front headroom, 39.2 in. rear headroom, 56.3 in. front hip room, 55.9 in. rear hip room, 41.3 in. front leg room, 37.6 in. rear leg room, 59.3 in. front shoulder room and 58.7 in. rear shoulder room
- Memorized adjustment: includes door mirror position
- Navigation system with full map and voice
- Rear camera & radar parking distance sensors
- Card key power locks
- Front and rear curtain airbag
- Seating: seven passengers
- Front side airbag
- Voice activating system for phone
and much more!
My favorite features are by far the keyless ignition and keyless entry. I hate trying to find my car keys at the bottom of my purse and with the KIA Sorento I just have to have my keys somewhere with me and I am golden. So smart.
I also love the rear camera feature – I am always so worried that I will back into something and this way I KNOW I won’t!
The interior is huge too! I can easily fit two car seats in the back, but in case I have other passengers there is a 3rd row I can pull up.
And of course – cargo space! Needed when you have a family of 4.
I love this vehicle and am now considering it for my new car – it has everything I would need as a busy mom of two! Plus it’s a cool vehicle!
You can find out more information about the KIA Sorento and other KIA models at http://www.kia.com