Did you know that not only is rice yummy and good for you, it also has several awesome uses around the house!
- Dry out wet electronics and phones by sticking it in a bag or bowl of rice
- Grab some mismatched kids socks and pour rice in them, then sew up the ends. place bowls, cups, etc together on the floor and play bean bag toss! See my how-to HERE
- Put some rice and a couple drops of lavender essential oil in a plastic baggie and shake shake shake. Pour into a sock and sew up the ends. Microwavable for sore muscles! If you don’t have a microwave (like me) You can place it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Pour about 1/3 cup into your garbage disposal and grind to sharpen the blades.
- Pour some into your coffee grinder for easy cleaning and sharpening.
- Rice is great for cleaning cylinders like vases, baby bottles, etc. Simply pour some into the container, add a little dish soap and water, and shake & swirl!
- Pour rice into a tall water bottle or jar. add trinkets like a marble, a bobby pin, anything small that will fit. Seal the bottle and shake it up. Give to your kids to play I Spy!
- Make maracas – grab a paper cup or toilet paper roll, pour about a tablespoon of rice in, and seal the ends by stapling it closed. Make some music by shaking! Same works if you have plastic easter eggs – just tape it closed!
- Add a few grains of rice in salt shakers to prevent clumping.
How do YOU use rice in the home?
Like it? PIN IT!
Be sure to follow Mommy Wants Freebies on Facebook and join 30,000 other fans for great deals and more!