What broke a Twitter record, is worth $1 billion and haunts this year’s Oscar host, Neil Patrick Harris?
A selfie by Ellen DeGeneres, to be specific. On Sunday, Neil Patrick Harris will set out to capture his own viral selfie at the 87th Academy Awards. AT&T thinks that All Mommy Wants readers should join the fun too.
But lets face it, the majority of the selfie-taking world knows to tilt their head to the side and find light that perfectly illuminates their face—not to mention the “duck face” pose that is so 2014. So what does it take to snap a viral selfie in 2015? With a little help from AT&T, you’ll be on your way to the next Ellen-worthy selfie just in time for the Oscars.
- Channel your inner-Ellen with the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, the same model of phone that she used to snap the winning shot. This newer model is even better, as it boasts a wide-angle 3.7MP selfie-optimized, front-facing camera.
- Embrace the “surprised look.” Goodbye, “duck face,” you’re a thing of the past. The faux-surprised face is the new selfie trend.
- Go big or go home with a tablet. With a larger screen and Retina display, the Apple iPad mini makes selfie-snapping and editing a breeze. The best news is you can get one for only $99.99 with a limited time promotion from AT&T.
- Create a “velfie,” a video selfie. The next big thing in viral posting is the “velfie:” a selfie in video form, about 5-6 seconds long.
- Befriend the selfie stick or mount. The Joby GripTight Mount ($19) is the perfect accessory to take your selfie game to the next level. It is the only tripod mount that supports almost any phone.
- Go EXTREME, with the GoPro Hero3+ ($299)